Learn To Be Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schematics of Ryme :D

2 posters

Go down

Schematics of Ryme :D Empty Schematics of Ryme :D

Post  MrKaleoBlack Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 am

I'd like to start out be prefacing that my character, Ryme Ai, is very far from a complete being. I've breathed little to no life into the dust she has yet to be formed from. My goal is to at least create a skeleton of her character in this post and would greatly appreciate your help before I wrap flesh and clothes upon her timely creation. Thank you.

1.) Ryme has a prevalent reclusive nature deriving from her past experiences with moving so often. Her parents detested her leaving the house both out of a over-protective and preserving reasoning. They believed that their last child should be treated much like a "doll", locked away safely in her room. Much of her life she had been taught by private tutors or her older siblings.
2.) The Ai family is composed of the father, Redrick Ai, working as a sincerely successful lawyer, and the mother, Delilah Ai, a well-known writer. In addition, 3 children (from oldest to youngest), Terra Ai, Gin Ai, and Ryme Ai. *Ryme developed a very close relationship with Gin as she grew up*
3.) Somewhere around her high school years, Gin gave her a book out of impulse, which he believed at the time would cheer her dreary and lonely mood, of the story Rapunzel. The controversial part is that her mother firmly refused to allow her to read any forms of fiction as she believed it would taint her.
4.) Ryme read through the story daily as she kept the story her brother gave to her very dear to her. She grew tired of the story though after a few months. She believed that Repunzal's hair was the symbolism of her beauty and what kept her locked away so thoroughly. Ryme decided to cut her hair after carefully taking a butter knife during her meal. After staying up late and much crying, Ryme's hair lay in a pile.
5.)Her parents, upon visiting her the next day to begin a morning routine of grooming her, saw her and rejected her instantly. After several days of not visiting her or feeding her as she had grown accustomed to, Ryme realized she could leave her room as it was no longer locked.
6.) Terra was the one who suggested to go to the school to do something more with her life that aimlessly wander the large house daily. It'd be her only year in school, but Ryme agreed without reluctance.
7.) Ryme's sole friend was created from her mind. His name is Ciphas. His existence lives with her even as she goes to school.
8.)She makes it a regular habit to cut her hair with a butter knife every 3 months. *she collects the knives and stores them in her drawer inside of her dorm*
9.)Everything tends to be fascinating to her as she has only ever read history. The fiction she reads when she is away from people (as she tends to be) turns into life. She sometimes reads it out loud--playing out the story with Ciphas.

How Ryme looks:
1.) Ryme's body is very fragile, very slender, but fit enough to not be gaunt. Her proportions are a little above average.
o Height: 5'7
o Weight: 122 lb
o B/W/H: I apologize, I do not know the concept of these measurements. She is about a C-cup, no fat in her waist (well trained from her youth to avoid), and hips are not too big, but are noticeable enough to see a hourglass figure.
o Eye color: Electric Blue
o Hair color/style: reddish/blonde (hair is about mid-neck length, it spikes in the back, and her hair in front is parted to the left.

Personality: Reclusive (I've said this enough to annoy myself Very Happy). She is quite shy as she's never had much interaction with people outside of her family and tutors. She is very passionate in her conversations with Ciphas. Her curiosity is dangerously high with everything around her, in turn, making her appear ecstatic at times. She does not resent her parents for the way they treated her until they abandoned her. She can easily slap on her fragile smile she perfected to seal away her thoughts when around other people.

Beyond this, I need some support and help. I'm not sure where to take this from here.

Last edited by MrKaleoBlack on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
MrKaleoBlack
MrKaleoBlack
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Schematics of Ryme :D Empty Re: Schematics of Ryme :D

Post  DastardlyLemon Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am

Her history of moving around a lot has much in common with my character. Not sure how that would tie in together, but I just felt it was something worth mentioning. I really like the Rapunzel motif, though cutting your hair with a butter knife would be difficult, to say the least. What I'd like to know is how her siblings (sorry, not sure on genders) fit into the route. Are they only mentioned in passing, or do they take an active role?
DastardlyLemon
DastardlyLemon
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKaleoBlack Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:56 pm

o The concept with cutting her hair with a butter knife is supposed to show desperation. I'd like to show it that she has very little control over her life growing up, as if some glass doll being carefully prepared for perfection. (that's definitely gonna be a line in the story "carefully prepared for perfection).
o But, in regards to Ryme's background, she has no exposure to a world outside of her house, but more particularly her room. Her movement was limited to her room the majority of the time as her parents would lock the door from the outside. *I think i want to develop a quirk here that she either likes to look out a small window in the room or stare through the keyhole (maybe this is where her conversations with Gin, {male, btw}, could come into fruition.*
o A nice idiosyncratic feature might be that Ryme would come her hair a certain number of time because of how her mother would ritually do it every morning while humming a particular tune (shooting for around 130 strokes) (could develop a bit of an unconscious OCD habit)
o The moving around aspect may be needed to be modified. This family she comes from would have to be quite wealthy, so they may have several homes. Ryme would be dragged around from home to home, safely tucked away in a room specifically for her.
o Her brother (2 years older), Gin, would definitely be a big part of her life as he would treat her with compassion and would tell her stories about his days at school or about stories he had read. His interactions with her would spur her to wanting to change from a doll-like stasis to a newborn human exploring the world with the little bits of fragmented knowledge she has of it. (I'd presume she'd be cultivated in such a way where'd she'd at least understand the acedemics taught to her, if not, at a faster/more comprehensible rate than others)
o Terra, her older sister (by 5 years), would be like her motherly figure. She'd be the one to give her her meals and to bathe her. Still need to develop more ideas for the two siblings though.
o When she cut her hair, I'm gonna shoot and say it'll be around 14 or 15, she was abandoned. Withing a week of her parents ignoring her, the parents would become progressively more hostile around her (ex: throwing things at her, yelling, ect.) When she was smacked across the face by her mother one day, Terra intervened and suggested that she be sent to School X (we need a name for the school). So she'd have been at this school since she was 15, leading to her current age of 17 now. so it'd be her third year.
o She definitely would have to be very socially awkward, but her confidence is boosted by mumbling silently to Ciphas (imaginary friend, btw).
o I feel like she'd dress in the basic school attire or some sort of very causal clothes (blue jeans/ yellow hoodie) [depends on if we have school uniforms or not though] She'd be coming into school with no support except from what little her brother and sister could provide. So, her lifestyle is simple, though she makes it complex based on how she was brought up (ex. cleaning her clothes daily or every time she gets dirty)
o major contrast with her complex-neat nature is her hair she would make sure to keep short to deter away from her past.
MrKaleoBlack
MrKaleoBlack
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum