Learn To Be Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-Teachers-

3 posters

Go down

-Teachers- Empty -Teachers-

Post  Soanuku1 Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:50 am

I feel like there should be more than one teacher. Perhaps teaching various subjects and perhaps playing more important roles on different paths. Ideas?
Soanuku1
Soanuku1
Admin

https://learntobe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

-Teachers- Empty Re: -Teachers-

Post  Sudsy_Wudsy Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:10 am

We talked about having a homeroom teacher. I like that idea because it's a teacher you see every day. I don't know about you guys, but my homeroom teacher takes the "home" in "homeroom" very seriously, and asks all of us what is up and helps us out with any personal problem we present him, emotional, financial, whatever. So we can have a seriously nice homeroom teacher, perhaps.

That might make sense it's kind of a 'special' school. The fact that he takes a job where he has to teach autistic kids or kids with serious ADD (as stated in the setting topic) pretty much shows that his character has a heart of gold and some patience - hopefully.

I also used to have a conspiracy theorist teacher. Now, I'm all in favour of critical thinking, and it was always interesting to hear his thoughts on banking, rothschilds, 9/11, the list goes on. But out of the 85% really interesting stuff with evidence or whatnot, was teh 15% tinfoil hat stuff with little evidence to support it. So perhaps... crazy teacher? (I feel bad calling him crazy, he was a really smart and kind guy).
Sudsy_Wudsy
Sudsy_Wudsy
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  DastardlyLemon Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:28 am

A homeroom teacher would definitely be convenient. A supportive teacher is nice, but at the same time, I think he/she should be somewhat out of touch with the students. As in, he genuinely cares for his charge but cannot connect with them in any meaningful way on account of his age, or perhaps experience. The best teachers I've ever had were all incredibly passionate about their subjects, but more importantly, were able to instill that same passion in the students.

In the case of a homeroom teacher, would he/she have all the characters in his/her class, or some combination of Michio and the female leads?

Well, I think that multiple teachers is nice, or else we risk falling into the Two-Teacher School trope. With an emphasis on clubs for several routes, I think that club advisors aren't out of the question either.
DastardlyLemon
DastardlyLemon
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sudsy_Wudsy Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 am

The more the better, I think. To come up with a simple, neutral character should not take too much time - if we feel like it, we can come up with a ton of characters as neutral teachers, even one per subject. Think of it as an excersize before you write script or main character descriptions.

I agree how you say that the homeroom teacher should be supportive, nice, but not necessarily in touch or relating to the students. Supportive characters that relate, like the possible bro character, will be there. It can't be a "I know that feel, bro" fest.

I'd imagine we would want to put some more effort (not to say don't put effort into regular teacher descriptions) into club supervisors, club leaders, etc. As I imagine they will be more integrated into someones arc.
Sudsy_Wudsy
Sudsy_Wudsy
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum